Wednesday 2 May 2012

What am I?

First post, don't know what to write really. I'll just type what runs through my mind and well, lets just go with it!

What I love, yet hate are riddles. Anyone else get completely and utterly immersed in a riddle? So much so that  thinking or indeed, focousing on anything else goes completely out the window? I mean, it's ridiculous! You're asked a question, answer it. Oh if only it were so simple!



I am a King and also a measuring device, what am I?
In your head right now, your pondering this question. Whether you want to or not. You just can't stop thinking about it. If you were to get up, go to the bathroom, to the kitchen, even speak with somebody, this very question will spin around and around and around in your head. You just want to know the answer!

So, you think. You wreck your brains. It's getting annoying. THINK! 
Always remember, the answer is simple. It's what makes riddles tough, their simplicity. Like all great inventions and genius ideas and theories, simplicity is key.  As Einstein once said; "if you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

So, have you got it yet?

I am a King and also a measuring device, what am I?

If you figure it out for yourself, you feel like the King himself! Delighted with yourself!

If you haven't gotten it, don't fret pet! You're probably just over-thinking it.

What's the answer I hear you ask. 

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
*tension increases substantially* 
.
.
.
.
.
.
*tension continues to rise*
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
*readers beginning not to care*.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Answer:
A ruler.




Haha, anyway folks if you gave it a read I really appreciate it. Thanks! Leave a comment if you like, would mean a lot. Let me know what you think! 


No comments:

Post a Comment